Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing #11: That Library Thing

Here's my little Library Thing catalog. I was very excited about LT when I first started using it, but I find I haven't added anything to it in a long time. I find all the social features interesting, and there's some terrific tagging, but that doesn't really meet my needs. What I really want to do is track my own reading and organize my books. I want to keep lists of what I own, what I have read, what I want to read, and what I've borrowed from a library, and LT doesn't really allow for separate lists, as far as I know. I know, I could create separate accounts, but that's a hassle. I would like to be able to keep a reading diary as well, but I don't really want to share it - my reading is kind of personal to me.

I'm still excited about LT, and I'll watch to see how it develops. And there are certainly interesting uses for libraries - we'll see about LT for Libraries when we get the new ILS, I hope.

No comments: