Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing# 10: The Internet Typology Quiz

This is kind of old, but I just came across it, so it's new to me! The Pew Internet & American Life Project does all kinds of research into how people use technology. They produced a report called "A Typology of Information and Communication Technology Users" in which they categories technology use into several different types. You can find a description of the types on page 3 of the report.

I took the quiz to determine which type I am. I am an "omnivore," which is the most tech-absorbed type. Though I beg to differ. I think I am one category lower, a "connector." The questions ask if you've ever done this, or ever tried that. There are lots of technologies that I've tried, just to see what they're about, but I don't necessarily use them all the time. To be honest, since I spend each workday steeped in technology, I tend to go home and do analog things, like go outside and cook and hang out with my husband. And that's the way I like it!

No comments: