Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing #13: del.icio.us.ly sim.ple

I hardly keep any bookmarks in by browser favorites since I started storing them online. I started using Furl some years ago and just recently made the switch to del.icio.us (it is kind of a pain to migrate bookmarks over, so I was avoiding it). Actually, the experience of doing that was funny - it was interesting to see what I found important enough to save years ago - especially if it seems totally insignificant now.

I appreciate the functions of del.icio.us - it seems targeted toward librarian- or other geek-types who like to organize things. I do think that Furl and some of other bookmarking tools are more fun to use - better graphics, buttons, layout, etc. But I see a lot of potential with del.icio.us, especially since we can take content from a del.icio.us account and plop it onto one of our web pages (so the plainness of del.icio.us won't matter). In fact, that is part of our plan with OCL Labs...

OPTIONAL EXERCISE: This is the del.icio.us page that we share in Web Services - Katelyn actually created it. This is my old Furl page (though I guess I didn't make much public - there are only three websites in the public view).

No comments: